Monday, February 14, 2011

#10 Autumn

"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn." ~Elizabeth Lawrence
The holiday season kicks off in fall... starting with Halloween, then Thanksgiving.  It's a busy time, and yet, things are starting to slow down just a bit. I love a walk in the woods, (or even the neighborhood), listening to the leaves crunch underfoot, the colors,  the symbols; scarecrows, acorns, leaves, squirrels, and the food!  We can start enjoying squash, soups and stews again.  As the days get shorter, so does the outdoor to-do list, but I don't think I've ever gotten everything checked off by the first hard freeze... oh well, there's always next year.  So far, this is my favorite square.  I love how it turned out and what it symbolizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment