Wednesday, June 9, 2010

#5 Daughter-In-Love




My son's girlfriend - she's a peach. Giving and loving, she's willing to pick up and move to the other side of the world and work with him.

I've noticed in the past, whenever my son had his arm around a girl, it just sort of hung there, like he was with a buddy, but with her, he actually holds her with his hand. I take this as a sign he really cares. I think she is really good for him. And she's cute and stylish.

This is the least favorite of my squares so far. There is very little contrast between the handle of the purse and the background. And I haven't cared so much for the colors of the last two. Oh well... I hope that when it's finished, it will all fit together in a big, colorful conglomeration.

Also, I notice my camera "sees" better than I do. I stitch at night and apparently I don't see it as well as I think I do!

No matter, on to the next square!




6 comments:

  1. Such stylish colors . . and if people can't see the handle, then they will think it is a shoe and a strapless dress . . either way, dress or purse, it is still stylsh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I like the colors and it looks so "today" to me. ("Today" meaning something my stylish young niece would like.) I'm glad you posted this because it made me think of a few blessings I had missed.

    ~Faith
    http://airynothing.net/Blogs/index.php?blog=11
    http://airynothing.net/Blogs/index.php?blog=10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love your post. Love your block, love the stitchery! what a wonderful Daughter in love you have! I have a wonderful one too. She is a huge blessing to our family!
    blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness.. Count me in with the rest... I think this square is ADORABLE! LOVE this little purse and shoe! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! So, lucky to have a daughter-in-love.

    Never thought about saying it that way. I guess I have a son-in-love. Finally, starting to see how well they work together. Took me long enough.

    I love how you have been doing the family squares. Gives me inspiration!

    Thanks - and Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I agree that sometimes things don't turn out as planned...but it's just a little part of a big 100 square stitchalong...so no worries! I'm just trying to get through all the blocks :)
    linda andfeeling.com

    ReplyDelete